Community Voices Project
RurAL CAP's "Community Voices Project" is an HIV/STD prevention project to train AmeriCorps Members who then train community members. RurAL CAP partnered with the Alaska Department of Health and Social Services to develop a media campaign to promote HIV/AIDS prevention specifically in rural Alaska.
The Community Voices Project engaged rural youth and community members to develop a series of five posters on HIV/AIDS prevention. Click on the posters below to download them.
Survey link for poster/DVD feedback: http://www.zoomerang.com/Survey/WEB22B2PLYYZL8
VIEW DIGITAL STORIES
An HIV/STD prevention-focused digital storytelling workshop also took place at which 8 community members each created their personal health promotion message. Click on the links to view the digital stories.
Do You Have Questions? ASK!
Let's Talk About Sex
Important To Talk To Your Kids About Sex
It Helps To Know About STDs
Healthy Choices. Know Your Status
HIV/STD Education Resources
- Summary of HIV Infection – Alaska, 1982-2009 http://www.epi.hss.state.ak.us/bulletins/docs/b2010_08.pdf
- Alaska HIV/AIDS Resource Sheet http://www.epi.hss.state.ak.us/hivstd/HIVSTDResources.pdf
- Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium HIV Prevention Program http://www.anthc.org/chs/crs/hiv.cfm
- Alaskan AIDS Assistance Association www.alaskanaids.org
- Centers for Disease Control www.cdc.gov/hiv
- National Native American AIDS Prevention Center www.nnaapc.org
For more information about this program, or to request a free copy of the posters and/or digital story DVD, please contact Margaret David at (907) 865-7361/(800) 478-7227 x7361 or firstname.lastname@example.org.