RurAL CAP RAVEN Program
The Rural Alaska Village Environmental Network Program is a community service program designed to assist rural Alaskan communities address local environmental concerns and increase youth involvement in community projects. Twenty positions are available each year to rural Alaskans interested in serving their villages full-time as an AmeriCorps member.
RAVEN is sponsored by RurAL CAP, the Environmental Protection Agency, the State of Alaska Department of Health and Human Services, and the Corporation for National and Community Service.
RAVEN Program Leader
– Environmental Program Coordinator
Teleconference Number: 1-866-316-1519, Code #95189688
2008 RAVEN AmeriCorps Accomplishments:
- 33,894 hours of service completed by members
- 1,145 community volunteers recruited by members
- 9,407 hours of service were completed by community volunteers
- 2,423,431 pounds of solid waste diverted from local dumps/landfills through recycling, community clean-ups, and backhauls.
AmeriCorps - RAVEN Forms (for Downloading)
|RAVEN Weekly Time Sheet|
|RAVEN AmeriCorps Monthly Progress Report|
|Event/Activity Sign In Sheet|
|RAVEN AmeriCorps Business Cards|
|Request for Leave|
|Successful Project Form|
|Child Care Rates for AmeriCorps members in Alaska
(downloadable jpg file)